KES’s IGNITE program is partnering with Wildsight to bring forward a Youth Climate Corps program for ages 17-30 in the Kimberley/Cranbrook area on May 1st!
Are you keen to take a hands-on approach to climate action work? Eager to learn more about how your communities are working to become more resilient places to live?
You have a unique position to affect meaningful change at a local level. Employment with the Youth Climate Corps provides you with the tools to practise and expand your skills while gaining a deeper understanding of the region you live in, and the people within it.
This is a paid-to-learn program with perks like a new laptop to keep at the end and a cash completion bonus!
This season the Kimberley-Cranbrook YCC crew will be working with several partners from environmental and community-based organizations to address climate change locally.
Crew members will be conducting work in a range of fields from food security to ecosystem restoration to wildfire risk reduction. This year’s team will experience an array of disciplines and learn how each is contributing to climate action work in its own unique way!
KIMBERLEY-CRANBROOK 2023 SEASON SKILLS FOCUS
- Greater understanding of local ecological communities
- The ability to understand the workings of, and communicate about climate action work
- An understanding of local community resources
- A refined ability to think critically and overcome challenging tasks and situations
- Development of unique individual perspectives and opinions
These represent core skills sets we expect our team to walk away from the program with. However, through the participation and implementation of our project work, those involved will most certainly walk away with more.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person
- Living in BC
- Not enrolled full time in high school or post-secondary training
- Unemployed or precariously employed
- Between 15 and 30 years of age
- Seeking employment
- Reliable internet
- A computing device with a webcam
- Microphone and speakers
Support with these technical requirements are available as needed. Computing equipment lending is available to participants.
- Labour Market Information
- Resumes & cover letters
- Workplace Feedback
- Interview Skills
- Time Management and more!
Certificates: Foodsafe, Serving It Right, WHMIS, Super Host or alternatives
- Help job searching including resume and interview coaching
- Job supports & Job coaching available
- Employment details dependent upon the employer