|Employer||Ktunaxa Kinbasket Child and Family Services Society|
• Degree in Child and Youth Care preferred.
• Combination of education and experience may be considered.
• One to two (1-2) years of related experience.
• Working knowledge of Child Development.
• Experience working with families at risk.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Sound knowledge of aboriginal issues both historical and current in British Columbia and Canada.
• A commitment to confidentiality.
• A valid drivers’ license and reliable vehicle available at work.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Commitment to life-long learning.
• Self-direction, flexibility and creativity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide early childhood educational resources, preventative services, and parenting skills to individuals, children and families.
• Support child care settings and make recommendations to develop and implement inclusion of children with additional support needs through consultation, guiding support workers, modelling and educating.
• Complete home visits with clients, throughout the Ktunaxa Nation territory.
• Conduct needs assessments, and/ or child-based developmental screenings and assessments;
• Assist with the development of individual or family plans.
• Follow case management procedures.
• Liaise with community child and family services and health professionals.
• Liaise with outside agencies.
• Update and maintain confidential client files.
• Provide monthly reports to supervisor on caseloads.
• Make referrals for other identified services needed for clients through KKCFSS.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Attend workshops and training as assigned by the supervisor to enhance case management knowledge.
• Assist in the planning and facilitation of a variety of workshops, events and gatherings.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Jaime Vienneau|
|Address||7472 Mission Road|