|Employer||Cranbrook History Centre|
|Start Date||June 3, 2020|
• Have at least 2 years undergraduate education in event planning, museum education, history, education, tourism or related fields AND/OR 2-3 years’ experience in developing and managing arts, culture and/or heritage programs.
• Excellent organization and planning skills.
• Experience working with and/or managing volunteers.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly with regards to public speaking and presentation delivery
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays when required.
• Flexibility and open-mindedness.
• Proven reliability
The Museum Educator facilitates, designs and develops activities that engage Cranbrook History Centre visitors with local history. This incumbent serves as an advocate for learning within the museum and represents the History Centre in the community. Reporting directly to the Chief Curator the Museum Educator will be responsible for the development and delivery of curriculum-based education programmes, public programmes, and events for diverse audiences on the subjects of paleontology, natural history, and the human heritage and history of Cranbrook and the East Kootenays. Weekend work and some evenings are a requirement for this position, as is travel and program delivery in the city of Cranbrook.
The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, well organized, and enthusiastic about reducing barriers to participation for the museum’s current audience while seeking innovative ways to reach out to and engage new audiences. Some experience in museum education, knowledge of current BC curriculum, background in history, and public speaking an asset. Must be comfortable with all different types of learners, and audiences.
In addition to developing and presenting programs for the History Centre, the Museum Educator is also responsible for training and overseeing History Centre volunteers, special workshops, classes, and outreach programs.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Honor Neve|
|Address||57 Van Horne St. S|