|Employer||District of Sparwood|
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Must have a strong mechanical aptitude to complete repairs to pumps, motors and HVAC systems effectively and efficiently.
2. Demonstrated competency and skills related to carpentry, plumbing and electrical systems.
3. Has strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
4. Must be able to utilize a computerized building operating system.
5. Must be able to communicate effectively orally, via email and logbooks.
6. Be able to perform labor-intensive work, frequently stand and walk throughout the day and work in inclement weather.
7. Has exceptional customer service skills and works with the public in a positive and effective manner.
8. Ability to prioritize assigned and emergent tasks.
9. Ability to conduct minor repairs and maintenance to vehicles.
10. Good understanding of WorkSafe BC regulations and related safe work practices.
Certifications and Experience
• Refrigeration Operator Certification
• Minimum 3 – 4 years’ experience maintaining building and facility mechanical systems
• Pool Operator Level I
• Arena Ice Maker I or higher
• Building Service Worker Level II
• Park and Sport Field Level I
• Playground Safety Inspection Certificate Valid Class 5 Drivers License
• 3-4 years combination of carpentry and plumbing experience
• Completes all duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Recreation Maintenance I and Facilities Worker positions.
• Provides custodial services related to care and maintenance of District facilities.
• Completes snow removal from facility grounds and parking areas.
• Monitors and maintains facility HVAC, DHW, heating and cooling systems, arena physical plant, pool filters and related building systems.
• Sets up, takes down and provides support to programs and events.
• Inspects, conducts repairs and maintains parks, sport fields, turf, trails, fencing, gardens and playground equipment, outdoor recreation facilities and related outdoor spaces.
• Installs and maintains arena ice surface.
• Conducts repairs to facilities including painting, drywall, and basic carpentry.
• Checks and maintains vehicles and equipment used in the department.
• Removes, installs and repairs toilets, vanities, water supply and return lines, and other plumbing systems.
• Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains boilers, pumps and motors.
• Provides input on modifications or improvements to policies, procedures, and practices to improve the functions and safety of the department.
• Remove and replace ballasts and completes other small electrical works.
• Ability to operate in a safe effective manner skid steer and similar equipment.
• Maintains accurate records for the operation and maintenance of facility equipment, systems, and components.
• Assists other District departments and performs other duties as assigned
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Jenna Jensen|