|Start Date||September 8, 2020|
Wildsight Invermere has been approved for funding with Environment and Climate Change Canada under the Science and Technology Internship Program. To be eligible for this program the candidate must be 30 years of age or under, a recent graduate or student, underemployed and a citizen of Canada, permanent resident or refugee.
- Committed environmental ethic.
- Completed a Post-Secondary Degree in areas related to environment, education, management, communications or other related fields.
- Experience with community engagement, project development.
- Be willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Explore the development of a Community Climate Hub in Invermere, linking to the East Kootenay regional climate movement.
- Develop a youth climate engagement strategy or project working to support the local Fridays for Future group.
- Liaise with the District of Invermere and the Regional District of East Kootenay to understand and promote their sustainability goals for the region.
- Prepare a monthly blog or article on a relevant climate change topic for publishing in local paper as well as website.
- Help develop events (COVID-19 permitting) or webinars on pertinent climate change sustainability.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé and Cover Letter Via Email - Invermere@wildsight.ca
|Contact Name||Karen Barkley|
|Address||625 4th Street|