|Employer||School District 8|
|Terms||M-F 7am to 4pm|
|Start Date||Nov 30, 2020|
1. Training in Payroll accounting with the completion of three (3) core Accounting/Business Administration courses
from an accredited post-secondary organization or completion of the Payroll Compliance Legislation, Payroll
Fundamentals I and Introduction to Accounting from the Canadian Payroll Association or completion of first (1st) year
studies in a CGA/CMA program or completion of a recognized Office Administration program certificate from a post -
secondary institution or equivalent business training institute. Two years of current experience in a job-related position.
2. Dispatches applicable staff for absences either manually or using the automated dispatch system.
3. Ensures system data is accurate and current. Assists in determining resolutions to problems due t o hardware or
software malfunctions and supports users by responding to problems and queries regarding the use of the system.
4. Runs and distributes reports as required and ensures information is accurate.
5. Reconciles absence and replacement information with Payroll.
6. Excellent communication skills and the ability to meet and deal effectively with employees.
7. Excellent data entry skills.
8. Performs electronic and manual filing.
9. Proven ability to operate a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, database and communication applications.
10. Works independently with minimal supervision.
11. Maintains strict confidentiality.
12. Strong organizational skills.
13. Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices.
14. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. Work is indoors in clean, well-lighted and heated buildings
2. Work can be stressful as there are time pressures and interruptions.
School District 8 supports equity hiring for Indigenous applicants.
The qualified candidate will be required to join the CUPE Local 748 Union and have a Criminal Record Check (submitted by the Employer)
This position, reporting to the Manager of Operations or designate, provides support and dispatches for Operations. The
incumbent will be expected to make and take phone calls, review and respond to multiple emails, and answer questions
regarding Operations and SFE (the automatic dispatch system).
The incumbent will perform a variety of tasks, including data entry and data review using programs such as Webworks,
Traversa and Excel. The incumbent will also do the electronic data entry as well as a variety of other Operations support
tasks. Additionally, the incumbent will reconcile leave/replacement data, using either manual data entry or an interface
program. The incumbent may also reconcile with Payroll and with Operations.
An employee who, under the direction of Human Resource Services or Supervisor, ensures replacement for applicable
staff, processes leaves of absences, performs data entry and other functions related to Human Resource Services,
Payroll, and Accounting. Trouble shoot/help desk for questions and issues relating to absences and replacements
including the automated dispatch system.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Theresa Montpellier|