|Employer||School District 8|
Kootenay Lake School District is looking for qualified candidates to work on an as needed basis as casual
Education Assistants. Qualified candidates will be considered for placement on the established casual list.
All awarded applicants will be required to join the CUPE Local 748 Union and have a Criminal Record Check (submitted by the employer).
Applicants will have graduated from a minimum one year program for Education Assistants from a recognized community or technical program, or have a minimum of one (1) year college level training in the Human Services field with a focus on training in behavior management and students with special needs.
1. College of the Rockies SPEDA course; Selkirk College Classroom and Community Support Worker Program and/or equivalent College Program recognized by other School Districts in the Province, or a minimum of one (1) year college level training in the Human Services field with a focus on training in behaviour management, students with special needs.
2. Ability to work effectively with students and adults.
3. Ability to communicate appropriately with other staff members, students and parents as directed.
4. Ability to be part of a collaborative team, maintaining a professional attitude and confidentiality in working relationships with allschool personnel, students, parents and the public.
5. Ability to work as part of school based planning team as required – see Special Services District Handbook – page 7 and CollectiveAgreement – page 101.
6. Ability to be flexible and work with minimal supervision.
7. May be required to dispense approved medications as prescribed by the student’s doctor in accordance with Board Policy No. 310(September 22, 1998) and be required to sign Request for Medication Form attached thereto. Training will be provided.
8. Ability to work with non-compliant students in a non-confrontational manner.
9. Training in non-violent crisis intervention will be provided.
10. Child-related team requirements and special skills needed will be identified for special assignments. Any special skills required willbe outlined on the specific Job Duties portion of the Job Description.
11. May be required to have a valid B.C. (Class 5) Driver’s License.
12. Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices.
13. Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is assigned to the school based team to provide specialized support for students with identified special needs as directed by the Principal. Must be flexible in assignments. It is expected that all employees will follow district communication protocols and maintain confidentiality. The ability to communicate and work as a team player is essential.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in working with our students.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Theresa Montpellier|