|Employer||Aqanttanam Housing Society|
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Trades certificate in construction, electrician or plumbing an asset.
• 10 -15 years’ experience in construction or building maintenance preferred.
• Knowledge of building operational manuals.
• Keep accurate records and complete standardized forms.
• Ability to identify and mitigate potential safety issues on the job.
• Basic understanding of occupational health and safety, WHMIS and WorkSafe BC regulations.
• Good physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance and ability to lift 50 lbs. or more, within appropriate risk controls.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when required.
• Possesses strong ethical standards, work ethic, and highly motivated.
• Ability to balance competing priorities, multitask, and to work under pressure.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and abide by Aqanttanam Housing Society’s policies and procedures.
• Valid BC Driver’s License, Class 5 and reliable vehicle.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
• Troubleshoots and performs minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry repairs and maintenance.
• Maintains inventory of equipment and materials.
• Performs routine repairs and maintenance to appliances and equipment.
• Working closely with contractors addressing minor deviations and reporting major deviations.
• Performs work that requires adherence to safety procedures/practices when dealing with hazards.
• Required to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with tenants.
• Performs various housing and apartment inspections on a regular basis.
• Responds to emergencies and makes emergency repairs or calls.
• Generates and follows up on work orders.
• Carries out authorized removal of abandoned personal effects from a tenant’s premises.
• Other maintenance duties as required.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Submit Résumé and Cover Letter Via Email by January 20, 2021
|Contact Name||Cecilia Teneese|
|Address||Aqanttanam Housing Society|