KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• General maintenance skills including basic plumbing, painting, carpentry, electrical as well as basic grounds and landscaping skills.
• Ability to operate and use a variety of tools and equipment; aptitude to learn and use new equipment and tools as needed.
• Strong focus on safety and ability to follow safe work procedures is required.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Good communication skills (reading and writing).
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with Community members and staff.
• Ability to perform physical work including lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, standing, and stooping. Able to work in variable environments including dust, hot and cold temperatures.
• Some flexibility in working hours to accommodate maintenance emergencies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Ktunaxa/Aboriginal people and Ktunaxa/Aboriginal culture.
TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with a small water system and a minimum of 1 year general maintenance experience.
• Small water systems certification.
• Water testing certification.
• Fire hydrant certification.
• Safety training including: First Aid Level 1, WHMIS, hazardous chemicals.
• Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
• Oversees the operations of the Community’s Small Water Systems. Including operating and controlling the water treatment equipment including the chlorinator to remove impurities and purify water.
• Monitor and regulate flow of water by testing, operating, and controlling motors, pumps, and valves. Monitor and adjust controls to regulate flow rates, loss of head pressure, and water elevation and distribution of water.
• Repairs and maintains machines and equipment.
• Collects samples for testing. Records data such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity and water pressure. Sends samples to external testing facility.
• Services water distribution systems such as pipelines, valves and hydrants. Performs related repairs.
• Keeps all required operations and maintenance service records.
• Operates and maintains the Point of Entry Water Treatment facilities and preforms regular maintenance, water sampling and reporting.
• Completes all required operations and maintenance schedules for facilities and records and reports information
• Monitors aqam septic holding tanks and systems and coordinated pumping as required.
• Performs regular maintenance and repair services for ?aq'am buildings and housing including plumbing, general handyman work and carpentry, shock chlorination of wells, etc.
• Ensure all ?aq'am buildings are free from potential hazards.
• Leads with the planning and undertaking of the grounds and maintenance work including planting, watering, fertilizing, cutting, trimming, pruning and weeding for various Community areas.
• Ensures all grounds and maintenance equipment and hand tools, including cutting machines, are maintained and in good working order.
• Clears snow and prevents ice build-up around public areas and road ways.
• Leads in the operation and maintenance of the community District Heating System in accordance with provided training.
• Participate in Emergency Preparedness training and planning, including all required assigned duties in emergency situations.
• Completes all required fire prevention activities in all buildings.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Operation Department and/or Band facilities and housing.
• Oversees youth summer students ensuring that each student is supervised, training on equipment and tools required for their work and ensures that required safety protocols are followed and safety records maintained.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Amanda Gnucci|
|Address||7470 Mission Road|