|Employer||The Salvation Army - Fernie Corps|
REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
The successful job applicant will have completed High School or equivalent experience. First Aid / CPR and Food Safe is an asset. Also,
- Organization and time management
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be physically fit
- Have good social boundaries in working with people
- Able to take instruction and give feedback
- Good people skills and empathetic towards people
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- background check consent
- a clean drivers abstract
- completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety Training
Tuesday: 9 am - 3pm
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 9am - 3:30pm
Wednesday: 9am - 1pm, 3:30 - 6pm (Wednesdays split shift is nonnegotiable).
We will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
This person assists individuals and families who are seeking aid and assistance from, or have been referred to, The Salvation Army. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Family Services Programs.
BASIC FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- conducts initial interview assessments to determining immediate needs and supports needed for the client
- provides spiritual guidance or refer to pastor and uses every opportunity to pray with and be compassionate with the client/family
- maintains confidentiality and keeps accurate client files and statistical records
- may refer clients to other supports within the community
- provides emergency assistance services (i.e. housing, shelter, food, clothing, etc)
- responsible for the day to day runnings of all Family Service Programs
- daily pick up and sorting of food donations, as well as organization and distribution for food programs
- minimal computer work, you may assist with grant applications when required
- responsible for the daily cleanliness of kitchen and all food areas
- involved in organising and delivery of seasonal programs
- meeting with other community organizations as needed
- supervision and training of volunteers
- perform other duties as assigned.
The performance of the job requires a great deal of physical activity, sorting donated food goods, with little computer work. Computer work is mostly inputting client information during interviews.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls)
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email: email@example.com
|Contact Name||Kaitlyn Black|