|Employer||Maple Leaf Forestry Ltd.|
Maple Leaf Forestry Ltd. is a well-established natural resource management firm providing a diversity of professional and technical environmental/forestry/GIS services to government and industry clients throughout British Columbia. Our head office is located in Cranbrook, BC. To learn more about us, please visit: www.mapleleafforestry.ca
Maple Leaf Forestry Ltd. has exciting opportunities for an Invasive Plant Management Crew Supervisor and Crew Members, based out of our Cranbrook office. The anticipated start date is mid-May carrying through until September 2021 with opportunity for an extension in other roles within the company.
• Invasive plant control in urban and rural environments
• Herbicide application and manual treatments
• Data management and reporting
• Equipment care and calibration
• Crew supervisor’s additional responsibilities: coordinating crew logistics, project management duties, and reporting.
Crew member qualifications:
• A desire to work outdoors
• Experience with plant identification
• Basic knowledge of plant biology is considered an asset
• Sufficient physical fitness to lift and hike 15L backpack sprayers over uneven terrain
• Proficiency at Microsoft Excel
• Class 5 driver’s licence
• Current Pesticide Applicator Certificate (P.A.C.). Successful applicants who do not have a P.A.C. will be provided the opportunity to enroll in the certification course. Course fees will be paid by Maple Leaf Forestry.
Crew Supervisor qualifications include the above qualifications plus:
• Previous experience in invasive plant management
• Previous experience in a crew leadership role
If you are interested in working outdoors, developing specialized skills, and protecting the native plant communities of the East Kootenays, we invite you to apply today!
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Erin Beyeler|
|Address||253 Industrial Rd F|