|Employer||Kootenay Employment Services (KES)|
What experience, skills and qualifications are we looking for?
You will must be eligible to work in Canada, and have a clean BC driver’s license. You will also be required to have a Criminal Record Check for vulnerable sector completed for this role. Your experience and skills include:
• Experience working with clients with complex barriers in a supportive and holistic manner
• Proven ability to deliver material in a flexible manner with a deep appreciation and understanding of different learning styles
• Excellent conflict management skills and strong ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and electronic
• Excellent sales and customer care skills including cold calling and relationship management
• Strong active listening skills and ability to stimulate motivation in participants
• Strong organizational and time management abilities including proficiency multi-tasking, prioritizing tasks, and making impromptu adjustments to work plans
• A well-developed understanding of the local and regional employer community and a good understanding of the local labour market
• A high level of sensitivity when working with vulnerable clients
• Self-motivated, confident, and able to work independently
• Sensitivity to employer and job-seeker confidentiality and ability to adhere to privacy and security regulations and protocols
• Experience in facilitation or coaching preferred
• A post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma in a related field (career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counselling, education or human resources management) is highly desirable but not required.
KES is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We provide accommodations where necessary, both during the application process and for our team members. Please advise us of any accommodation(s) that you may require, information will be addressed confidentially.
Are you our next facilitator?
Kootenay Employment Services (KES) is a non-profit and charitable organization committed to helping job-seekers find meaningful employment. We are innovative and forward-thinking, and we are looking for someone who is passionate about community engagement.
Working at KES you will enjoy a fantastic company culture guided by our KES values which include wellness, equality, integrity, having fun and seeking continuous improvement. KES is proud of the calibre of our staff, they are the some of the best and brightest individuals in the non-profit industry, completely committed to providing high-quality services to our clients and community. We are all driven by our desire to support and help our community members and make a difference.
Due to growing need and an internal promotion, we are looking for a go getter to join our facilitation team. When you read how amazing our team is – did you recognize these same qualities in yourself? If you did – we want to hear from you!
This position provides facilitation for group employment programs utilizing workshops, presentations, external courses and associated administration.
You will be flexible, caring and supportive of our clients, colleagues and community. You will be a can do/ will do person able to handle a fast paced environment and maintain an easy going nature. Above all you are wanting to help our clients reach their individual goals.
What will you be doing in this role?
Our Facilitators Deliver workshops in a flexible manner that adjusts both content and approach in response to the needs of each participant.
• Gather and develop training materials including electronic presentations
• Collaborate with other KES staff and project partners to ensure seamless delivery
• Prepare and deliver employment readiness workshops
• Deliver workshops in a flexible manner that adjusts both content and approach in response to the needs of participants
• Providing support and encouragement to individual participants
• Liaise with supervisor to discuss any issues that require additional support for clients
• Follow-up on any outstanding inquiries generated during workshops
• Record attendance
• Program Administration
• Communicate and coordinate with the LEAD team and Community & Employer Liaison team
• Participate in local participant recruitment and selection
• Assist with local project record-keeping and reporting
• Maintain any records required
Our Facilitators also work actively with clients to approach employers, this includes making phone calls to employers, negotiating with employers to ‘job carve’ based on a client’s skill set.
As a Facilitator, you may also visit clients on-the-job to determine how they are performing, speaking with the employer if necessary and supporting the client to develop and maintain tools to be successful (on-the-job coaching).
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
To apply for this position you must include a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position and provide overview of how your skills fit with the requirements of the role and your resume. The interview process will include a presentation t
|Applications to email@example.com, with subject line – Application for Facilitator/ Job Coach position|