|Employer||District of Sparwood|
Title: Rink Attendant
Reporting to the Director of Community & Facility Services, Rink attendants perform ancillary services related to the general supervision and direction of ice arena users and are responsible to ensure, that users employ due care and diligence for their own safety and the safety of others. In addition, Rink Attendants promote safety, enforce rules, organize games. Maintain an acceptable state of cleanliness and over-all safe environment in the Recreation Centre under the Supervision of the Recreation Maintenance workers.
1. Provides general on ice supervision and direction of ice arena uses and ensures, that users employ due care and diligence for their own safety and security and the safety and security of others while using the Arena facilities;
2. Inspects and assists in the provision of general cleaning, to recreational facilities including, public areas, restrooms, dressing rooms, seating, etc.
3. Provides tournament support by assisting maintenance workers complete on and off ice duties;
4. Removes ice and snow in and around recreation complex and elsewhere as required or appropriate to keep public safe.
5. Is responsible for the taking of admission tickets during skating sessions.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to work with the public in a positive and effective manner
• Competent ice skater
• Ability to educate the public on facility rules and affect discipline in a positive manner
• Be able to perform labor-intensive skills
• Has exceptional customer service skills
• First aid training would be considered an asset
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
|Contact Name||Jenna Jensen|