Many people come through the doors at KES each year. Most are looking for work. As an employer we know that your time and resources are valuable. KES can help you make the most of them in a number of ways. We can help you find the RIGHT person for that job!
- Post your job at KES. This not only gives you exposure to our many walk-in clients but to our on-line following as well. If you’re concerned about being flooded with calls we can collect the resumes for you. In some cases, we can even provide interview space.
- Human resource assistance. If you’re having a human resource issue that you’re not sure how to handle our professionals can provide a different perspective and direct you to additional help if needed.
- Wage subsidies for hiring new workers are available through a number of programs. These programs can cover a significant portion of your wage costs often as much as 50% for six months or more! The important thing to remember is to call KES before you hire as these programs have eligibility criteria that vary from program to program.
- Group Assessments to help your team work more efficiently and effectively.
- Workshops to help your team improve their workplace performance.
- Foreign worker recruitment and immigration settlement guidance.
“Over the years, I have tried to recruit staff in many ways: newspaper ads; job boards at colleges and universities; Service Canada job banks; online recruiting services such as the Young Canada Works website; and others. None are as effective as posing my positions on the local job board at KES.”
– Tammy Bradford, Manager, Creston & District Museum & Archives
“Our agency uses KES’s services on a consistent basis to acquire staff. We would find it very difficult to find staff if it were not for these services.”
-Serena Naeve, Creston & District Community Resource Center Society
“As one of the Creston Valley’s larger employers, we often have job openings to fill. We count on Kootenay Employment Services to help us do that and have found them to be professional and very helpful. With KES we get results and would have difficulty filling vacancies without them.”
-Justin Storm, Operations Manager, J.H. Huscroft Limited
“The support we have had from Kootenay Employment Services has been excellent. Advertising requests for employees are posted promptly and accurately. We’ve also used the centre for numerous forms and training materials. The employment counselors were instrumental in helping us apply for a Columbia Basin Trust grant for hiring a summer student.”
-Judy Germann, Co-owner, Break in Time Caffé
Useful Employer Links:
BC Employment Standards
Essential Skills Toolkit
Labour Relations Board of BC
Canadian Human Resource Law Information
Work BC Employer Information
Labour Market Information
Monthly BC Labour Force Statistics
Monthly Economic Statistics
Kootenay Business Magazine
Foreign Worker Recruitment